United Barbet Club
United Barbet Club By-Laws
This Organization shall be known as the United Barbet Club. Its membership shall be made up of dedicated purebred dog enthusiasts of North America, or any person duly elected to membership.
The purpose of this club shall be to promote the Barbet. To fulfill this Article, we promise:
1. Encouraging the breeding of Barbets that remain true to their heritage as capable gun dogs that are as at home in the field as they are with the family. The UBC will seek to expand the knowledge of its members on the subject of breed specific topics, breeding, animal husbandry, training, and health issues applicable to the breed and to dogs in general.
2. To hold licensed UKC events that will be run in accordance with the rules, policies, and procedures of the United Kennel Club.
3. To dismiss from our membership without hesitation those who violate these by-laws and the principles of good sportsmanship and fair and honest conduct.
We reserve the right to refuse any entry in our competitions, as well as membership in this Club to any individual, at the discretion of the Officers, Board of Directors, and members. However, no person shall be refused entry or membership on a basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, or national origin.
The method of obtaining membership in this Club shall be as follows:
1. Be sponsored by a member in good standing, and supply the following information:
Address and phone number
Description of dog involvement and areas of interest
2. Application shall be in writing to the Secretary.
3. Once application and dues are received by the Secretary, applicant will be notified that their membership has been accepted.
4. No applicant will be accepted to membership if he or she has been convicted of a felony, unless specifically approved by a majority vote of the Officers/Board and members.
The following shall be the conditions of continuing membership:
1. The attendance of as many meetings as possible.
2. The attendance of and participation in all Club activities and shows/events to the satisfaction of the Officers/Board. However, the attendance clauses of Article IV, sections 1 and 2 shall be waived due to illness, disability, conflict with employment, excessive distance, or bona-fide previous commitments.
3. Any member known to: promote, support, raise dogs for fighting; knowingly sell, give, or trade dogs that will be used for fighting; condone or be associated with the facing off, game testing, rolling or pitting of dogs will have their membership automatically revoked. The member shall also be reported to United Kennel Club for disciplinary action as well.
The Officers shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting and their term will be 2 years. Any Officer may succeed him- or herself. All elections shall be by secret ballot and decided by a simple majority. The officers and their respective duties shall be as follows:
This article shall be used to govern the Officers of the Club.
1. PRESIDENT: shall preside at all meetings and conduct good order and discipline.
2. VICE-PRESIDENT: shall assist the president in the discharge of his duties, and will preside in his absence.
3. SECRETARY/TREASURER: shall keep an accurate record of all meetings and events. They shall keep an accurate account received and be responsible for the proper collection and distribution of all funds and accounts, under the direction of the Board. They shall preside in the absence of the other elected officers.
4. The checks on the account(s) of this Club will be signed by the Secretary/Treasurer and one other Officer.
5. The books and accounts of the Secretary/Treasurer They shall be audited annually, prior to the election of officers, by a committee appointed by the President.
The Board of Directors of this Club shall consist of the Officers and two Directors, who are elected at large by the membership, and shall include one alternate director. The alternate should attend all Board meetings, and shall have a vote if one or more directors are absent.
The dues of this Club shall be in the amount decided upon by the membership and shall be due and payable on April 1. Any member who has not paid their dues by June 1 shall be dropped from the rolls. However, if any member is in financial distress, his dues may be waived by a majority vote of the Officers/Board, on a case by case basis.
The meetings of this Club shall be held the first week of even months of the year at a location decided upon by the Officers/Board, either in person or electronically.
These By-Laws may be amended as deemed necessary by the Officers/Board and must be approved by a majority of the club members. Notice of a proposed change must be in writing, and the membership properly notified. UKC must be notified in writing as well.
1. Members shall conduct themselves as ladies/gentlemen at all Club functions.
2. Absolutely no alcoholic beverages, firearms, or illegal drugs will be allowed on the grounds or in the buildings while participating in any club or licensed events.
3. These By-Laws shall be made available to every applicant before being accepted into membership.
4. These By-Laws shall become effective at the April 2012 meeting.
5. To become effective, these By-Laws must be approved by a majority vote of all members present when the vote is taken.
6. All United Kennel Club policies will be strictly adhered to during all UKC events.
7. Members shall conduct themselves in an honest and sportsman like manner at all meetings and events.
8. The Officers/Board of Directors of the United Barbet Club shall have the inherent rights and powers to dismiss ANY member who is continually disruptive to the detriment of the orderly conduct of our meetings and/or events.
9. The Officers and Board shall serve as the nomination committee for all offices, board vacancies, and award recipients; however, any member in good standing shall have the right to make nominations from the floor.
10. Any individual suspended by United Kennel Club shall automatically be suspended from the club as well.
The United Barbet Club will adhere to all UKC rules and regulations. Dogs will be judged by UKC breed standards only. All performance events will be judged solely by UKC rules. The club will not hold any other registry’s events on the same day/location as that of a UKC event without UKC’s prior approval.